I'm fascinated by change; I thrive on it. There are five things I’ve learned about change, from back to my early days in magazines to advertising to the innovation space. My list starts with macro observations and finishes with more executional tactics.
1. There are people who are passionate about innovating but actually uncomfortable with change.
2. It’s easier to change how one person looks at something than it is to change their habits.
3. Change likes to be done incrementally but is more likely to be happen when rolled out quickly. Slow change invariably gets watered down.
4. Communicating is key to effecting change: a good story can move a vision and purpose forward.
5. Communications, part 2: The change makers who've made a difference didn't do it on their own. They cultivated the relationships that would support transformation.
Brenda van Ginkel
Every brand that is making a difference to people or the planet deserves to stand out and be noticed. I write about creative direction and brand strategy for entrepreneurs and those supporting them, packaging concepts with messaging for growth and audience engagement in a crowded, noisy digital space.